Good jobs with good pay are available in your area!
Career Solutions career planners can help you qualify for these jobs. Learn new-in demand skills at no cost to you.
What is YouthBuild?
The purpose of Career Solution’s Minnesota YouthBuild program is to provide at-risk youth ages 16-24 with an opportunity to learn construction trades while contributing to their community. Specialized training in the building trades develops participants’ construction skills while helping communities expand or improve housing for economically disadvantaged populations and the homeless.
Who can benefit from YouthBuild?
Students from St. Cloud Area School District 742-Technical High School who are interested in construction careers and the various post-secondary and apprenticeship options.
- Self-evaluation, goal setting, employability skills training
- Research of specific career information on trades within the construction field
- Training leading to industry-recognized credentials
- Work readiness & life skills training
- Career planning & exploration
- Exposure to union building trades apprenticeship
- Support to attain a high school diploma, GED, or its equivalent
- Community service activities
- OSHA 10 certification
- Basic academic and leadership training
- Exposure to programs at the St. Cloud Technical & Community College
- Exposure to local businesses in the construction industry
- Previous building projects have included Habitat for Humanity homes, tiny houses, sheds and cabinets
How much will the program cost?
There are no fees. YouthBuild is funded by a Minnesota state employment and training program.
Career Solution’s YouthBuild partners:
Visit our contact page and make sure to mention this program in your message.
Or, call or email for more information:
Denise Hooper, Youth Career Planner