Staff Assistance, Computer Access, and other resources available for your use.
Visit the Career Lab Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for help.
Our knowledgeable staff is ready to guide you through all steps of job search and career planning. We’re happy to:
- Tell you about all the service available at our CareerForce and any special services for which you may qualify
- Help you use MinnesotaWorks.net, our online job bank, and other employment web sites to search for and apply for jobs
- Help you research local employers that are hiring
- Help you understand the fundamentals of a successful job search and help you apply those basics as you plan your own job search
- Offer advice about how to write effective resumes and cover letters
- Help you set up free email accounts to keep to contact and follow up with prospective employers
- Assist you with taking a typing test where you can print your results to take to employers
- Teach you to use the Internet effectively in your job search
- Recommend other resources and services in your community
A wide variety of computer software is available for your use, including programs to help with career planning, computer skills development, and effective Internet job searches.
At our CareerForce, you’ll have access to office equipment that is crucial for every day job search, including:
- A telephone for reaching potential employers or networking contacts
- Computers and software for creating and updating resumes, plus internet access for job-search related research
- Printers for producing high-quality resumes and other job-search related documents
- Fax machines for sending your resumes and other related documents to potential employers
We offer assistive technology to help customers with disabilities better use our services and resources.
Our Career Lab is equipped with computer software and equipment to help people who are blind, visually impaired, or have other physical impairments to use computer programs, web sites, and read printed materials.
We offer a books and directories to help with job hunting and career planning.
- Business and employer directories
- Conducting basic job searches
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Interviewing and salary negotiation
- Career planning and development
- Labor market information