Through the Displaced Homemaker Program at Career Solutions, we help people in Stearns and Benton counties in Minnesota who have worked mainly in the home develop the marketable skills you’ll need to find and maintain a job.
How can the Displaced Homemaker Program help me?
Services are tailored to help you learn the skills necessary for finding a job that can support you and your family:
- Assessment of your current skills and interests
- Help in determining your career options
- Assistance in pursuing a GED, diploma, certificate or degree that will help you find employment and develop a career
- Funding may be available to cover the cost of tuition, books, fees, and other educational expenses
- Access to earn-while-you-learn training opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Assistance in preparing your resume and cover letters
- Referrals to community agencies
- Interview coaching
- Possible assistance with day care during interviews or workshops, clothing or transportation costs
How much will the program cost?
There are no fees to you. The Displaced Homemaker Program is funded by federal funds through the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Displaced Homemaker PDF
Visit our contact page and make sure to mention this program in your message.
Or, call or email for more information: