What is an On-the-Job Training (OJT)?
- A contract between Career Solutions and the business that documents the training they will provide for a new employee.
- Hands-on training designed to address the gap between the new employee’s existing skills and the job skill requirements.
- Training reimbursement funded through state and federal employment and training programs.
OJT Benefits Business and New Employees
- New hires learn occupational skills and earn a wage at the same time.
- Business saves time and money.
- A win-win for business and job seekers!
Why Should Employers Partner with Career Solutions OJT Program?
- The employer is reimbursed for the cost of training a new employee – up to 50% of the new employee’s wage for the length of the contract.
- The employer does the training, employee does the learning, Career Solutions does the paperwork! Your new hire learns skills unique to your business and industry.
- Incentive for hiring by helping to minimize new hire risk.
- Career Solutions can refer candidates to the employer who have been evaluated for skills and interest match.
- Reverse-referral –employers may also refer candidates to Career Solutions for OJT eligibility.
- Career Solutions career planners are available for consultation.