Increase Productivity, Promote Growth
What is the Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP)?
The Incumbent Worker Training Program is designed to provide direct financial assistance to train current employees to avert a layoff and/or improve the economic competitiveness of local business.
The program provides reimbursement to eligible businesses for specific training costs accrued during the course of training. The purpose is to improve the skills of businesses’ workforce and to improve the company’s business process and competitiveness.
How does Incumbent Worker Training benefit you, the employer?
- The program provides funds to offset a portion, via reimbursement, of the businesses’ costs to train and upgrade the skills of its incumbent workers.
- Career Solutions provides follow up services with the business to ensure the training plan is being fulfilled.
- The program will improve the company’s overall competitive edge and results in employee satisfaction and improved retention.
- Career Solutions agrees to reimburse a portion of the costs associated with training incumbent workers.
- Businesses must keep accurate records of the projects implementation process.
- All training must be skill based and result in certification or accreditation for the employee; training should result in improved productivity, efficiency or increase the employees existing wages.
How to Get Started
Career Solutions staff assist businesses and training providers in the development and approval of IWTP applications, and provide on-going technical assistance regarding program compliance, performance objectives, customer satisfaction, etc., for contract recipients. Contact Career Solutions to begin the process.
Visit our contact page and make sure to mention this program in your message.
Or, call or email for more information:
Angie Dahle, Business Development Specialist