Employment Opportunity Position Opening Effective:
March 4, 2019
I. Position Title: Outreach and Eligibility Assistant
(Temp, Full Time 4-5 Months)
II. Position Objective
Work with staff to participate in oversee outreach activities and to recruit, assess, and enroll eligible applicants into the employment and training programs available. Provide support services for employment and training programs so as to ensure that client activity and expenditures are duly reported/recorded in the appropriate management information system.
III. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Enroll clients into appropriate programs using State and Federal issued eligibility requirements.
2. Assist in preparing individual files based on state and federal eligibility.
3. Collect and enter all client/program information into the state and local database.
4. Conduct or support the administration of assessments and provide administrative support as needed.
5. Provide backup support in Resource Room and reception coverage.
6. Validating information.
7. Other duties as assigned.
IV. Minimum Requirements
Combination of formal preparation and relevant experience to qualify for position.
1. Formal academic preparation (or equivalent) to qualify for this position:
High School graduate with three years’ experience in information systems and/or experience in human services, social services, marketing, or related field. Ability to express and communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, including knowledge of the English language such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Must have ability to pass criminal background check.
2. Length of type of relevant experience required to qualify for the position:
3. Licenses or certifications required to qualify for the position:
Must have valid Minnesota Driver’s License or have reliable means of transportation.
4. Other training which is desirable for the position:
Ability to communicate in groups and with individuals, attention to detail, accuracy, ability to develop and implement strategies for recruitment for specific programs, Microsoft Office, database systems and soft skills such as problem solving, teaming, diversity, organizational skills, knowledge about various community organizations and their purposes/services. Ability to speak, read, and write a language other than English is a plus particularly if it is Spanish, Somali, or Vietnamese. Knowledge of confidentiality requirements and ability to maintain confidentiality.
V. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Determine which people to enroll and how should they be keyed into the system meeting all eligibility requirements and performance criteria
2. Prioritization of work load in a fast-pace work setting
3. Ability to process high volume, high accuracy work
4. Knowledge of programs and policies in connection with Workforce Investment and Opportunities Act (WIOA) programs and services, or ability to acquire such knowledge rapidly
5. Knowledge of community resources
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form including knowledge of English spelling, grammar and punctuation
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with office personnel, local elected officials, government agency representatives and the general public
8. Ability to work in an independent manner and perform a variety of assignments
9. Skilled in dealing with data privacy
VI. Extent of Supervision or Guidance Provided
This position reports to the Development Director. Policy guidance and direction are provided as well as team direction, employee development plans, and the duties and responsibilities of the position. This person must be able to work independently but in close coordination with other professionals on staff.
VII. Responsibility for Public Contact
This position requires a high degree of public contact.
VIII. Supervision of Others
The Outreach and Intake Assistant does not directly supervise others.
VIII. Work Environment
Position is located at Agency office with occasional off-site meetings.
IX. Annual Salary Range
Based on experience.
X. How to Apply
Applicants must submit required application and resume. The application can be found on the website – www.careersolutionsjobs.org. Applications can be mailed or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No applicant will be considered unless an official application is submitted.
Application materials must be received by 4:00pm on Friday, March 22, 2019. For further information, please contact Ileana Merten at (320)308.5320 or email: email@example.com
Career Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Career Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. If you need assistance with filling out or obtaining the required application, or if you need the application in an alternative format, please contact Career Solutions at (320)308-5320.
CareerForce St. Cloud does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, disability, or age.