Are you looking for a rewarding summer internship in Education, Human Service/
Social Service, Counseling, Psychology, or related field?
Does serving youth interest you?
What is CareerONE?
CareerONE is an employment based summer youth camp that takes place on one of the local college campuses. The camp is for youth between the ages of 14 and 17 from Stearns and Benton Counties, who meet an at-risk eligibility criteria.
- Applicants need to complete an internship in Education, Human Service/Social Service, Counseling, Psychology, or related field
What does a CareerONE Intern do?
- Under the direction of the team lead, work alongside team leaders to implement components of CareerONE
- Lead various group activities
- Promote healthy choices
- Support youth’s development of employability skills, enhancement of academic skills, and engagement in team building activities
- Assist with post program data collection
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Desire, to work with youth
- Skills in team building
- Ability to collaborate with others in providing learning activities
- Engaging, positive and energetic personality
- Applicants must pass a criminal background
- Must be at least 18
TO APPLY for the Internship: Send resume to Ileana Merten, Development Director;
Earn a Learning Stipend: $500 total
About Career Solutions
- Career Solutions is an employment and training agency that assists our community in building a skilled workforce.
- For over 30 years, through career counseling, job training and business relationships, Career Solutions helps entry-level to experienced workers youth to older adults – train for and gain meaningful employment.
- Career Solutions primarily serves Stearns and Benton counties.
- Career Solutions offers an encouraging, supportive, upbeat, energetic work environment!
Success Story: KATERINA
“My name is Katerina. I joined CareerONE because I wanted to know more about jobs and finance. I wanted to earn the money because my mom is sick so she can’t work and she has five kids. I wanted to save her the trouble of buying me school clothes. I also am thinking of paying to take classes to get my permit so I don’t have to put my grandma out of the way to take me to school.”
“In school, I am involved in FAB (friends against bullies) as a leader. I am going into tenth grade. Through my experience at CareerONE this summer, I learned how to stay safe, work with others as coworkers and learned about careers and life after high school. Through CareerONE I learned I would be a good match for a veterinarian job and want to go to college for that.”
Success Story: ZACHARY
“My name is Zachary I heard about CareerONE from my history teacher. During the summer I help out on my mom’s boyfriend’s farm. I do it for free because I like it! CareerONE will help me get a good paying job in the future. I had a part time job at gas station, but I quit. I think if I had attended CareerONE before, I probably would have kept it. CareerONE helped me think about my future. I especially liked the finance part. It also helped me think about jobs that I like and how they fit me. I am happy I found CareerONE and that they gave me a chance. I hope other people try it and like it.”
Upon request, the information on this page can be made available in alternative formats for people with disabilities by contacting email@example.com