April 20, 2021
I. Position Title
II. Position Objective
This position recruits, counsels, trains, and places clients in vocational choices that lead to employment. Career Planners assist in the advancement of skills, abilities, and interests of each client in order to attain an independent and self-sufficient lifestyle. This position would be specifically designed to work with adult Dislocated Workers.
III. Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities that have been identified as being essential to this position include, but not limited to:
- Assesses preliminary information (e.g. client history, aptitudes, and interests & current labor market data) in order to prepare for smooth, open vocational counseling sessions with clients.
- Recognizes the need for further testing and provide access to that testing in order to lead clients to better vocational decisions.
- Facilitates assessments of aptitudes and interests, and interprets test results.
- Proficiently counsels eligible clients, in group and individual sessions, in order to develop realistic vocational goals that place clients in the labor market as quickly as possible.
- Maintains good working relationships with community resource agencies in order to facilitate clients’ ability to reach their vocational goals in employment.
- Designs, develops, organizes, and presents activities such as workshops, classes, on-the job-training, apprenticeships, and seminars in order to improve skill attainment and work performance.
- Participates as a member of a self-directed work team in planning activities and in the delivery of programs in order to insure comprehensive and integrated services to eligible clients.
- Develops professional skills through continuing education workshops and networking with other counseling professionals in order to remain current in practices, tools, materials, and data necessary to provide vocational counseling, as well as recommend training and professional needs of the team.
IV. Desirable Knowledge and Skills
The desired knowledge, skills, and abilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Bilingual abilities preferred in either Somali or Spanish. At minimum, the ability to understand and to make oneself understood to all Somali and/or Spanish speaking individuals. Prefer to be bilingual and able to read, write and speak.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures related to career counseling and guidance.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the labor market to the background and experiences of clients.
- Ability to recruit new clients, using various techniques such as cold calling and developing business relationships.
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues and develop trusting relationships with clients.
- Knowledge of individual assessment and assessment tools.
- Ability to design, develop, organize, and administer training.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and team members.
- Knowledge of and skills in the use of computers and programs, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
V. Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must pass a criminal background check, be able to travel out of area independently (valid driver’s license preferred), and have either:
- A bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, communications, or closely related field with two years’ experience in vocational counseling, working with youth, coordinating successful employment development plans, and/or in management.
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, with the ability to work 30-40 hours a week
- 6+ years of progressive related experience beyond high school.
VI. Responsibility for Public Contact
This position requires a moderate to high degree of public contact.
VII. Work Environment
Involves working in an indoor office setting, may include of site meetings/events, possibly outside of regular businesses hours.
Based upon qualifications.
IX. How to Apply
Applicants must submit required application, cover letter and resume. Please include salary requirements in the cover letter. The submit-able application can be found on the website – https://careersolutionsjobs.org/careers/application/. Cover letter and resume can be emailed to Kari.Court@csjobs.org.
Position will be posted until Monday, May 24, 2021 or until filled. For further information, please contact Kari Court at (320) 380-4938 or via email Kari.Court@csjobs.org.
Career Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Career Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. If you need assistance with filling out or obtaining the required application, or if you need the application in an alternative format, please contact Career Solutions at (320) 308-5320.
The CareerForce St. Cloud does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, disability, or age.