Are you looking for a rewarding internship in Social Work, Education, Psychology, Counseling, Communications or a related field?
Career Solutions is currently accepting career planner intern applications! Apply Now!
About Career Solutions
- Career Solutions is an employment and training agency that assists our community in building a skilled workforce.
- For over 30 years, through career counseling, job training and business relationships, Career Solutions helps entry-level to experienced workers youth to older adults – train for and gain meaningful employment.
- Career Solutions primarily serves Stearns and Benton counties.
- Career Solutions offers an encouraging, supportive, upbeat, energetic work environment!
Career Solutions: 1542 Northway Drive, St Cloud, MN 56303 is at the St. Cloud Workforce Center which is located on the north side of the St. Cloud Technical and Community College. There is convenient and free parking (Lot B), and we are on the Metro Bus route. Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
Career Planner Intern
June 1, 2017 – August 31, 2017 full-time (if available, the internship could go into September)
To learn about the recruitment, counseling, training, and placement of clients in career choices that lead to employment in demand occupations, assuring that the skills, abilities, and interests of each client will be enhanced and the barriers or restrictions will be overcome in order to assist clients in attaining an independent and self-sufficient lifestyle.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities have been identified as being essential to this position:
- Facilitate understanding of the programs by providing general overview of the programs in Somali
- Assist clients in navigating career and job search websites (i.e., Minnesotaworks.net; CareerWise; Indeed)
- Assist clients in creating resumes
- Support program intake sessions by
- interpreting information presented by Outreach & Eligibility Specialist
- assisting clients with understanding and completing intake applications
- determining whether clients have the level of English skills needed to complete assessments and obtain valid results
- assisting clients who are interested in the program in setting up an appointment
- Provide support in the resource room to help facilitate communication for people that have emerging English skills
- Work closely with Career Planner to provide career services to individuals enrolled in Dislocated and Adult Programs by
- assisting clients complete forms such as Individual Employment Plan, budget
- answering questions, explaining content
- ensuring the clients have completed and signed all required documents
- Other duties as assigned
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
The Career Planner Intern will begin to gain
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures related to career counseling and guidance
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues and develop trusting relationships with clients
- Knowledge of individual assessment and assessment tools that are appropriate to use with clients with emerging English skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and team members
- Knowledge of and skills in the use of career websites to facilitate career exploration and job search
- Applicants must pass a criminal background
- Must be least 18
Desirable Training and Experience
- Senior year of post-secondary program
Responsibility for Public Contact
- This position requires a moderate to high degree of public contact.
TO APPLY for the Internship:
Send resume to Ileana Merten, Development Director