Agency Clerk, part-time, temporary
Performs a variety of routine customer processes and maintains program records, written materials and reports using general knowledge of program operations and procedures. Responsible for acquiring products and services within the parameters of the agency’s systems and position authority.
This position reports to the Program Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for customer service, clerical, and administrative duties.
The job duties and responsibilities represented in this job description are not to be exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. While requirements may be representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Provide administrative assistance by completing a variety of projects to support programs and processing mail.
- Provide support to primarily the Agency Administrative Assistant and Executive Assistant such as tying minutes. This role may also assist other staff as well.
- Coordinate the safe and adequate storage of products and supplies, including offsite storage.
- Provide high quality customer service to clients in the CareerForce Center and complete assigned projects while in the Career Lab area. This includes greeting customers, connecting to customers to resources, answering phone calls, collating forms, etc.
- Maintain filing systems for administrative files.
- Coordinate and monitor/schedule class opportunities.
- Develop agendas, attend meetings, compile and create minutes for meetings as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Typing speed minimum of 45 wpm
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, office equipment including computers, copiers, postage meter. To complete these duties requires heavy lifting of items weighing 50 pounds or more on occasion and 25 to 50 pounds routinely; storing and handling cleaning products that may contain hazardous chemicals.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge and experience of administrative principles and practices in current office procedures in a workforce agency
- Knowledge of programs and policies in connection with Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs and services, or ability to acquire such knowledge rapidly
- Knowledge of computer and spreadsheet/database software
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of agency and program regulations and procedures sufficient to answer routine questions
- Ability to review, analyze, and differentiate detailed vendor and service provider specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form including knowledge of Business English; spelling, grammar, and punctuation sufficient to proofread materials and to ensure the accuracy and completeness of written materials
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, partners, and colleagues
- Ability to process high volume, high accuracy work
- Ability to prioritize work, demonstrate initiative, and effectively complete a variety of assignments, including completing projects while performing Career Lab duties
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of private information according to laws, rules, policies and procedures
Responsibility for Public Contact
This position requires a moderate to high degree of public contact.
Involves working in an indoor office setting, may include of site meetings/events, possibly outside of regular businesses hours.
Based upon qualifications.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit required application, cover letter and resume. Please include salary requirements in the cover letter. The application can be found on the website –www/.careersolutionsjobs.org or available at the St. Cloud CareerForce, 1542 Northway Drive, St. Cloud, MN 56303. Applications can be mailed or emailed to Kari.Court@csjobs.org
Position will be posted until filled.
Career Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Career Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. If you need assistance with filling out or obtaining the required application, or if you need the application in an alternative format, please contact Career Solutions at (320)308-5320.
The St. Cloud CareerForce does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, disability, or age.