Agency Clerk, part-time, temporary
Posted: May 10, 2022
Performs a variety of routine customer processes and maintains program records, written materials and reports using general knowledge of program operations and procedures. Responsible for acquiring products and services within the parameters of the agency’s systems and position authority. Contribute to a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for all and support the agency equal opportunity and inclusion efforts.
This position reports to the Business Development Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for customer service, clerical, and administrative duties. Contribute to a healthy, safe, and inclusive work environment for all and support the agency equal opportunity and inclusion efforts.
The job duties and responsibilities represented in this job description are not to be exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. While requirements may be representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Provide administrative assistance by completing a variety of projects to support programs and processing mail.
- Provide support to primarily the Agency Administrative Assistant and Executive Assistant such as tying minutes. This role may also assist other staff as well.
- Coordinate the safe and adequate storage of products and supplies, including offsite storage.
- Provide high quality customer service to clients in the CareerForce Center and complete assigned projects while in the Career Lab area. This includes greeting customers, connecting to customers to resources, answering phone calls, collating forms, etc.
- Maintain filing systems for administrative files.
- Coordinate and monitor/schedule class opportunities.
- Develop agendas, attend meetings, compile and create minutes for meetings as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Typing speed minimum of 45 wpm
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, office equipment including computers, copiers, postage meter. To complete these duties requires heavy lifting of items weighing 50 pounds or more on occasion and 25 to 50 pounds routinely; storing and handling cleaning products that may contain hazardous chemicals.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge and experience of administrative principles and practices in current office procedures in a workforce agency
- Knowledge of programs and policies in connection with Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs and services, or ability to acquire such knowledge rapidly
- Knowledge of computer and spreadsheet/database software
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of agency and program regulations and procedures sufficient to answer routine questions
- Ability to review, analyze, and differentiate detailed vendor and service provider specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form including knowledge of Business English; spelling, grammar, and punctuation sufficient to proofread materials and to ensure the accuracy and completeness of written materials
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, partners, and colleagues
- Ability to process high volume, high accuracy work
- Ability to prioritize work, demonstrate initiative, and effectively complete a variety of assignments, including completing projects while performing Career Lab duties • Ability to maintain the confidentiality of private information according to laws, rules, policies, and procedures
Responsibility for Public Contact
This position requires a moderate to high degree of public contact.
Involves working in an indoor office setting, may include of site meetings/events, possibly outside of regular businesses hours. This position requires a moderate to high degree of contact with the public, vendors, and employees. The employee will be expected to work with other employees to resolve issues, answer and ask questions. The employee may on occasion be required to work extended hours to complete a project. This position requires the employee to work as part of a team.
Career Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. Career Solutions is committed to creating an environment of inclusion where everyone is valued and has a sense of belonging. We work to confront and eliminate the barriers racism has created, and it earn the trust of our community to create a culture of accountability. We prioritize recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, and retention practices that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Based upon qualifications.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit required application and resume. The application can be found on the website –www/.careersolutionsjobs.org or available at the St. Cloud CareerForce, 1542 Northway Drive, St. Cloud, MN 56303. Applications can be mailed or emailed to Kari.Court@csjobs.org
Position will be posted until filled.
Career Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Career Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. If you need assistance with filling out or obtaining the required application, or if you need the application in an alternative format, please contact Career Solutions at (320)308-5320.
The St. Cloud CareerForce does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, disability, or age.