Agency Administrative Assistant, Full-Time
Performs a variety of routine customer processes and maintains a variety of fiscal and program records, written materials and reports using general knowledge of program operations and procedures. Responsible for acquiring products and services within the parameters of the agency’s systems and position authority.
This position reports to the Development Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for customer service, clerical and fiscal support, and administrative duties.
The job duties and responsibilities represented in this job description are not to be exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. While requirements may be representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- Work with the Development Director to monitor internal budgets which includes development of reports to project spending patterns throughout the year and staff time allocations.
- Monitor the financial and reports requirements of all grantor and sub grantee contracts on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the purchasing activity of the agency including maintenance in inventory records.
- Provide administrative assistance by completing a variety of projects to support programs and processing mail.
- Provide support to the Executive Assistant such as tying minutes.
- Support accounting and payroll processes including obtaining quotes, processing purchase orders, depositing checks and processing check requests.
- Ensure timely processing of all bills through established procedures and regulations.
- Acquire products and supplies for agency clients and staff that meet internal and external requirements, following agency’s accounting processes; acquiring products will include purchasing gift cards from area businesses.
- Update HR and Board policies in accordance with State and Federal laws.
- Complete insurance reports (Minnesota Counties Intergovernmental Trust).
- Review and update agency contracts and Request for Proposals – including CareerONE Program.
- Coordinate the safe and adequate storage of products and supplies, including offsite storage.
- Provide high quality customer service to clients in the Workforce Center and complete assigned projects while in the Resource or Reception areas.
- Maintain filing systems for administrative files.
- Respond and take initiative to conduct research, compile data for meetings and decision-making purposes.
- Develop agendas, attend meetings, compile and create minutes for the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) quarterly meeting and other meetings as assigned.
- Set up for agency meetings, including board meetings and program committees; return room to original state after meetings.
Two year post-secondary degree in office practices, business administration, accounting, or related field
Four years experience in progressive related office work
Equivalent combination of education and experience
Typing speed minimum of 45 wpm
Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, office equipment including computers, copiers, postage meter. To complete these duties requires heavy lifting of items weighing 50 pounds or more on occasion and 25 to 50 pounds routinely; storing and handling cleaning products that may contain hazardous chemicals.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge and experience of administrative principles and practices in current office procedures in a workforce agency
- Knowledge of programs and policies in connection with Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs and services, or ability to acquire such knowledge rapidly
- Knowledge of computer and spreadsheet/database software
- Knowledge of bookkeeping
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of and experience with record keeping systems sufficient to maintain administrative and fiscal data and to prepare reports
- Knowledge of agency and program regulations and procedures sufficient to answer routine questions
- Ability to review, analyze, and differentiate detailed vendor and service provider specifications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form including knowledge of Business English; spelling, grammar, and punctuation sufficient to proofread materials and to ensure the accuracy and completeness of written materials
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers, partners, and colleagues
- Ability to process high volume, high accuracy work
- Ability to prioritize work, demonstrate initiative, and effectively complete a variety of assignments, including completing projects while performing Reception Room duties
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of private information according to laws, rules, policies and procedures
Responsibility for Public Contact
This position requires a moderate to high degree of public contact.
Involves working in an indoor office setting, may include of site meetings/events, possibly outside of regular businesses hours.
Based upon qualifications.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit required application, cover letter and resume. Please include salary requirements in the cover letter. The application can be found on the website –www.careersolutionsjobs.org or available at the St. Cloud Workforce Center, 1542 Northway Drive, St. Cloud, MN 56303. Applications can be mailed or emailed to email@example.com and/ or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will be posted until filled. Interviews will be held the week of July 9, 2018.
Career Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Career Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. If you need assistance with filling out or obtaining the required application, or if you need the application in an alternative format, please contact Career Solutions at (320)308-5320.
The Minnesota Workforce Center – St. Cloud does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Upon request, the information in this document can be made available in alternative formats for people with disabilities by contacting email@example.com Equal Opportunity Employer and Program Provider.